Thursday 17 July 2014
I Fixed it Myself
It was a scorching day today, and the Alpacas were feeling the heat and being bothered by flies, they kept trying to use the dust bath that the chickens had created for themselves but it was far to small, so I thought I would give them a helping hand at making a dust bath..
I got out my trusty Mantis Tiller it has a little petrol engine and it is brilliant and lightweight to use, then came a problem, I couldn't get it to start, no matter how much I pulled on the cord it was not having any of it.
I am not mechanically minded at all, so thought the dust bath is not going to happen until hubby returns next week. I was rummaging through a box and found the Mantis instruction book, it suggested removing the plug and cleaning it, I went through hubby's sprockets and just couldn't find one to fit, reading on further in the book it said a tool and spare plug were including with the spares, so more boxes went through and there it was a bag of bits including the tool
Following the instructions step by step I got the plug out gave it a clean and then decided to check the air filter it was dirty so I put a new one in. Put it all back together gave it a couple of pulls and it started.
I was so chuffed with myself.
This is the area before I tilled it
I had attempted take the top off with a spade but the ground was solid
Here it is all tilled to a fine powder, Alpaca sized dust bath.
As well as pampering Alpacas I finished glazing the greenhouse and sprayed it with cool glass, it was so hot in there, I have been picking blueberries, I have a few with my breakfast then the rest get put in the freezer.
The kitchen flooring is now all down
Now we can start getting the kitchen straight.
I did myself a leftover salad for dinner, there was a few slices of salami and chorizo in the fridge with a smoked salmon fillet a bit of salad and a few cherry tomatoes the first pickings, along with some tortilla chips, Balsamic vinegar for dressing.
I hope you have all had a lovely sunny day :-)